If you are looking for a landlords gas safety certificate, there is every chance that we may be able to help.
What is a Gas Safety Check?
Faulty gas appliances and fittings and blocked flues can put you at risk of gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
These checks include;
- Checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- Checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
- Checking the appliance is burning the gas properly.
- Checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.
Do I Need a Gas Safety Check?
It is the only sensible option to ensure that your Gas Safety is being upheld but if you are a landlord of a property it is actually a legal obligation to ensure that this is the case.
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.
All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
For more information regarding Gas Safety Checks please click here.
Choosing The Right Engineer For The Job
Each and every year illegal work is carried out by engineers who do not possess the necessary qualifications and accreditations. This can result in the serious illness and death of tenants if the work is not completed correctly.
You can be sure that you will remain in safe hands with J&P Group.
Page last Last Updated on