As the weather begins to turn and the temperature drops, a range of potential issues can arise that can lead to significant damage if not dealt with quickly and effectively.
Last winter saw more snow days than we can remember, resulting in lots of home disasters – which is why we need to start preparing our pipes now to help avoid flooding and other costly water damage.
Having a plumber check if your pipes are prone to freezing is the best way to prevent potential problems. You could also help stop water freezing in your pipes by insulating water tanks and lag pipes, making sure that there are no gaps at bends, valves or fittings – and don’t forget your outside tap! You can pick up any products needed from your local B & Q (other stores may be able to help!)
What do I do if a pipe bursts?
- Step 1: Turn off the water supply at the stopcock.
- Step 2: Open all taps to reduce flooding
- Step 3: Block off the escaping water with thick towels to stop other rooms from flooding
- Step 4: Turn off all taps until the pipework is repaired
- Step 5: Pick up the phone and give the team at J & P a call on Tel. No. 020 7610 1616
If you need the assistance of a high quality team of Gas Safe Registered plumbers, give us a call on Tel. No. 020 7610 1616 and our skilled team of plumbers will be able to quickly pay you a visit.
Currently Browsing: The 5 Step Guide To Dealing With a Burst Pipe
For more details call us on 020 7610 1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org