Last Updated on May 21, 2018
Preparing Your Heating For Winter
It may seem crazy in the first week of August but now is the perfect time to ensure that your heating system is working to its optimum level. Leaving this until autumn beings to take, with the temperatures beginning to are slowly drop, can expose your heating system and leave you with problems at the time you need it most.
The autumn/winter period puts your plumbing system under increasing amounts of strain with freezing pipes and crystallized water becoming increasingly common place. There are though a few straight-forward tips which will greatly lower the possibility of plumbing issues throughout those cold winter days and nights.
- Insulate Any Exposed Pipes: Generally, exposed pipes are found in a garage or cellar. A layer of insulation, either by pipe insulation, rags, or newspaper, can offer a significant level of protection for any unprotected pipes.
- Keep inside Taps Slightly Trickling: This may possibly sound rather wasteful but the truth is that it can make all the difference. Flowing water will always help to stop the water in your pipes from freezing.
- Open the Cupboard Doors Beneath the Sink: This enables the heat of your home to flow round the pipes, keeping them from freezing.
- Maintain Your Water Heater: Water heaters work overtime throughout the winter, providing you with hot water. Without the correct maintenance, they could develop build-ups that result in corrosion.
- Keep Outside Water Taps off and Disconnected! Since these are clearly outside, they’re more likely to be vulnerable to the frost. Keeping water from flowing through them can keep them from freezing over, and wrapping rags around them will add further protection.
Book an appointment with J&P Group! Inspecting your pipes for leaks before the cold sets in will dramatically reduce or perhaps stop later harm. Beware of potential heating problems now and avoid spending 100’s of pounds at a later date in plumbing replacements when spring returns and the pipes have thawed.
If you need the assistance of a high quality team of Gas Safe Registered plumbers, give us a call on Tel. No. 020 7610 1616 and our skilled team of plumbers will be able to quickly pay you a visit.