Last Updated on April 23, 2019
We understand the importance of the work that we do and the trust that is placed upon our shoulders when you let us into your home. As such, we want to go that extra mile to help ensure that you know with 100% certainty that you will receive a service of the highest quality. A key part of this promise is confirmed by our link with Checkatrade.
Who are Checkatrade?
Checkatrade.com began in 1998, after a tornado devastated the coastal town of Selsey, West Sussex.
The tornado caused over £10M worth of storm damage and saw some residents become victims of rouge traders. We have become the consumer choice for finding a reputable tradesperson by staying true to our core business belief which is ‘Checkatrade.com does the checks so you don’t have to.’
Checkatrade.com has 16 considerations, of which 13 are actual checks. Our vetting process has proven to be the most significant way of protecting our consumers and achieving the Checkatrade.com mission of stamping out rogue traders. Here are some of the vetting checks our members have to pass before they can join Checkatrade.com:
- Interviews – every trader is interviewed by our professionals.
- ID checks – we carry out identification checks.
- Accreditations and qualifications – not all trades require accreditations by law, so you may not see this on every member’s profile. However, any accreditations or qualifications you do see advertised on one of our trader’s profiles have been checked and verified by us.
- References – all members are continually monitored via their customer’s feedback. We recommend that all new members supply at least five of their previous customers. We then personally telephone them to find out about their experience. This aids us to establish the quality of the trade.
- County Court Judgements (CCJs) – we check all our new members for CCJs.
- Trading History – we check the trading history of all our members.
- Insurance – our members are proud to have public liability insurance to protect their customers for the unexpected.
All our members are continuously monitored by a team of passionate and dedicated individuals. We are immensely proud of the quality of our members and the reputations we have grown together.
Checkatrade.com gives customers a free platform to search for vetted and approved local tradespeople. We’re now in our 20th year with over 30,000 members and have over three million customer reviews. These reviews, along with our vetting process, form the foundation of everything we do and helps customers, like you, find the right person for the job.
So, the next time you are looking for a tradesperson in your local area, simply visit Checkatrade.com and enter the trade you are looking for and your postcode. You will then see a list of relevant approved members in your area. You can then view their profiles, pictures of work they have done and read reviews and ratings from their customers. All this information will help you make an informed decision of who to contact and who to hire.
J & P are very proud to be fully accredited by Checkatrade, please click here to view our profile.
If you need the assistance of a high quality team of Gas Safe Registered plumbers, give us a call on Tel. No. 020 7610 1616 and our skilled team of plumbers will be able to quickly pay you a visit.
Currently Browsing: A Team That You Can Trust
For more details call us on 020 7610 1616 or email email@example.com